|
Happy
Birthday to My dearest Friend Sarah
Sarah is one of my friend here in
Montreal, I know her when I went back to high school at PACC. She is a very
nice, kind and caring woman who sometimes taking care of my children when they
stayed home. To make my story short, when we
moved to our new apartment, we hardly talked to each other because of the works
she have and I am also busy with my studies.
Three days before her birthday, I
decided to make a surprise birthday party for her. It was not really big
celebration but I prepared some foods aside from the cake I bake and decorated.
April 28 2014, Sunday I know that it was her day-off so I called her at
around 11:00 a.m. I asked if she has something to do that day. She said
"No". I invited her to come to our apartment because I told her that
my children already missed her and I want her also to meet my new born baby.
What she doesn't know that I made special for her to celebrate her birthday.
When she came I told her to go
straight to the kitchen, she sat down. She didn't surprise that there was foods
on the table because she knows I always cook. Then, I told her that
we made something special for her birthday.
We begun to eat and
chatted, we laugh and so on. Then, I said, closed your eyes while I got up to
get the cake I prepared for her. When, we started to sing a birthday song, she
opened her eyes and saw the cake I made for her. She was teary eyed and said
"Thank you very much, but you shouldn't do this, you should not spent to
buy cake for me." I told her that I did not bought the cake I bake and
decorated it by myself.
Her reaction was priceless.
"Weehhhh" she said. "Now this time you lied, I do not believe
you because I know you for two years and I did not see you bake and decorate
cake." These were the words she said. I simply smiled and told her that
everything we learn if we are eager and patience to learn it. I, myself did not
expect to learn in decorating cake but I did it for the sake of my daughter who
believe that people can do things in life. I need to learn to let them see and
believe that in the future for her life there is nothing impossible.




